This whole wheat cheesy garlic bread will fill your home with the most delicious smell. Serve it as a side with dinner, or it makes a delicious appetizer at your next Bunco party or football party.
I recommend baking this on the bottom rack of your oven so the cheese gets all melty and gooey but doesn’t end up burnt and brown. Make sure you move the rack before you start to preheat! (Don’t ask how I know. Sometimes I’m not the brightest bulb in the pack!)
My dough scraper is perfect for cutting these into individual sticks, but if you have a pizza cutter, of course that works too!
No fresh garlic? You can substitute garlic powder. Use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on how garlic-y you like your bread.
If you are serving this recipe as an appetizer, it looks pretty if you sprinkle some dried parsley or italian seasoning over the cheese before baking. Totally optional, but those little green speckles add a little something-something.
- 1/4 Recipe Whole Grain No-Knead Bread Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll the dough into a 13 x 9 rectangle.
- Pour olive oil into microwave safe dish. Stir in crushed garlic clove. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Brush garlic and olive oil over dough.
- Spread mozzarella and Parmesan over dough.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes on the lowest rack in oven.
- Serve immediately.