This flavorful Thai Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe is simple to make and a delight to eat.
These Thai Slow Cooker Chicken Wings are so flavorful! You get a bit of heat from the garlic, some sweet from the honey, and some salt from the fish sauce.
If you’ve never cooked with fish sauce before, please don’t leave it out. The depth of flavor it adds to the wings just can’t be replicated with any other seasoning.
A bottle of fish sauce will last forever since it is a fermented food. Plus, I bet you’ll want to make these wings again!
I use tamari instead of soy sauce in almost all of my recipes. It’s in the same “taste family” as soy sauce but it is gluten free and has less sodium. If you want, you could use soy sauce or you could use coconut aminos.
The wings don’t take long to cook in the slow cooker – they only take about 2 hours.
So, if you are making these for game day, I suggest you put these in the slow cooker and let them cook through the first half.
Then, you’ll want to take them out at half time and pop them on a baking sheet. Broil them for about 5 minutes to get the skin crispy.
You don’t have to broil them. However, while I find the slow cooker makes a good, moist chicken, it also makes a soggy skin. By broiling them super quick, you get that crispy skin I think most of us enjoy on our wings.
Thai Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- 24 Chicken Wings
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, honey, tamari, fish sauce, and coriander.
- Place chicken wings in slow cooker. Pour honey mixture over. Toss wings to coat.
- Add chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Set to high and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Once wings are cooked, transfer to a broiler pan. Broil 5 minutes to get skin crispy.
- Serve hot.
Have you tried chicken wings in the slow cooker before?
FREE CHEAT SHEET
Sign-up for our weekly newsletter and download the Organic Price Comparison Cheat Sheet FREE! You’ll also get our natural, green lifestyle tips and tricks delivered to your inbox each Sunday, complete with deals too hot to miss. Don’t like it? No problem. You can unsubscribe in a click.