The flavor of these sweet and spicy breadsticks is really unique. It truly is a blend of sweet and spicy and makes for a great, unexpected taste for your appetizer buffet or as a side to grilled meats.
Chinese five spice can be found in any grocery store and is what gives these breadsticks their one-of-a-kind flavor.
Sweet and Spicy Breadsticks
- 1/4 recipe Whole Grain No-Knead Bread Dough
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar in the raw
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- dash of salt
- dash of red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle. Cut into whatever size strips you need.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and spices.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spice mixture.
- Bake on baking sheet coated with coking spray for 10 minutes or until golden.