I’m on day 7 of my 30 day Sugar Detox.
What I’m quickly realizing is the key to success is planning ahead.
Having these quick and healthy chicken fajitas in the slow cooker meant getting dinner on the table was a cinch.
Since only my husband and I are on a sugar detox, and my girls are not, I could use the chicken fajita meat in two ways. My girls made traditional fajitas by wrapping the meat in a tortilla and adding shredded cheddar cheese.
For my husband and I, I turned the meat into a fajita salad. I served it on a huge bed of lettuce with chopped tomatoes.
We all had guacamole on our fajitas. 🙂
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds chicken (you can use breasts or thighs or a mix)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the onions and peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with chicken pieces.
- Pour chicken broth over the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, cumin, paprika and red pepper.
- Sprinkle spices over the chicken.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.