I am out of carrots! 4 weeks, 10 pounds of carrots. This was one of our favorite ways to eat them. In fact, last night my daughter went into the fridge and grabbed the leftovers and finished them off for her bedtime snack!
I made them with my chives that have started to come up in my garden. How crazy is it that I have chives growing in March in Colorado????
I then trimmed off a bit of parsley that I grow on my windowsill. Nice to have some fresh, homegrown ingredients on hand.
Shredded Carrot Salad
- For the salad:
- 6 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grate the carrots. In a large bowl, stir together carrots, chives and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour vinaigrette over carrot mixture and stir. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.