“Can we eat this all the time?” That’s what my girls asked the first time I made this Potato and Goat Cheese Pizza.
My girls happen to like goat cheese. However, I know quite a few adults who find goat cheese, well, gross. So, this is where you can get creative and do some substitutions. Fontina would be lovely on this pizza. If you are going for the fontina, I think I would leave off the mozzarella. Just use a liberal amount of fontina. Mmmmmmmm.
This is another recipe that uses the master recipe for Whole Grain No-Knead Bread Dough. Once you have a batch of this in your refrigerator, you will find you are never more than 30 minutes away from dinner.
Just as a little FYI, I was out of mozzarella cheese when I made this so I just tore up some cheese sticks. No one who ate the pizza could tell the difference.
Potato and Goat Cheese Pizza on No-Knead Whole Wheat Flat Bread Dough
- 1/2 recipe of whole grain no-knead bread dough
- 1/2 pound red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Cut red potatoes in half. Place in large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes or until just soft. Allow to cool.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Saute onions until slightly caramelized.
- Once potatoes are cool, thinly slice.
- Roll dough out into a 14 x 10 rectangle dusting liberally with flour.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with mozzarella. Next, layer with potatoes and onions. Crumble goat cheese and sprinkle evenly over the entire pizza. Finish by sprinkling with rosemary.
- Bake in 500 degree oven on lowest rack for 15 minutes.
How do you feel about goat cheese? Will you be looking for a substitute?