Do your kids ever order the Buttered Noodles with Parmesan at Noodles? This version of Pasta Limone is like Buttered Noodles with Parmesan’s big brother. The addition of garlic and lemon just make it a little more sophisticated – and since we like it cold, it’s great for lunch!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 3 - 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- grated Parmesan Romano cheese.
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic slices and cook just until brown. Add the lemon juice and cook until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the lemon sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.