Why are we discussing the all natural way to get rid of skunk smell on dogs?
Has this ever happened to you?
The other night my dog would not come in from his evening constitutional.
I waited to hear his bark at the garage door.
And I waited. And I waited.
Finally, I headed to the door.
When I opened it, I got a whiff of that very distinct odor – Eau de SKUNK!
You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you know your whole evening has been ruined? I had that one.
But there is a happy ending to this story. I lucked out. He was the not the victim of the skunk spray….this time. However, I was left wondering if a neighboring dog was the unlucky one.
If you live anywhere in the country where there are skunks, I’d advise you to print out this recipe for getting rid of skunk smell on your dog. Then gather up all the ingredients and have them on hand someplace handy.
I can’t take that pit in your stomach away, but I can give you an all natural way to get rid of the skunk smell that really works.
All Natural Way to Get Rid of Skunk Smell on Dogs!
- 1 quart hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Castile soap
- Mix all ingredients together. The mixture will be bubbly. This means it is active and must be used right away while it is still active.
- It is preferable to wash your dog outside. Wear gloves.
- Don't wet the dog first. Pour the mixture over the dry dog, being careful not to get any inthe animal's eyes. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse. If smell persists, repeat.
- This solution also works on clothes if you find the smell has transferred.