A clean eating mock banana split recipe that is quick and healthy.
Tired of serving the kiddos the same snack day after day?
You can absolutely make their day by whipping up a mock banana split.
These clean eating banana splits replicate the classic taste of the favorite summertime dessert. However, with an abundance of healthy ingredients, you don’t need to feel bad about eating one.
It’s all about training your tastebuds to enjoy fresh, whole foods.
While I love to make these for an afternoon snack, they also make an excellent breakfast choice.
Who wouldn’t want to start the day with a banana split?
Clean Eating Mock Banana Split Recipe
Clean Eating Banana Split Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or plain organic yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds toasted
- Optional: fresh blueberries
- Cut banana in half. You may use whole banana in your banana split or only one half of the banana.
- Top with scoop of yogurt and strawberry preserves. Sprinkle toasted almonds over the top and optional blueberries.
OPTIONAL BANANA SPLIT RECIPE ADJUSTMENTS
- Instead of almonds, try roasted peanuts
- Throw on a few dark chocolate chips for a special treat
- Try sprinkling on a bit of granola for a heartier breakfast
- Drizzle with a bit of Balsamic vinegar for a grown-up dessert
- Add chopped fresh mint
- Add a drizzle of almond butter
- Top with fresh pineapple
- Let your kiddo add a few sprinkles to really make it a treat
Try it and I think you’ll find it is sweet enough to be the real thing!
This post was updated 6/25/18