This is just a guess, but there may be some of you with a few hard boiled eggs hanging around the house this week? This is a quick and easy way to transform those eggs into a great Meatless Monday meal.
HARD BOILED EGGS AU GRATIN
1 bag frozen organic spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 1/4 C milk
8 hard boiled eggs, halved
grated swiss cheese
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour.
2. Slowly add milk in small batches, whisking until the mixture gets thick before adding more. Once all the milk is added, cook until the mixture is about as thick as a cream soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grease pan. Layer spinach in bottom of pan. Top with half the sauce. Layer the egg halves on top. Add the rest of the sauce and top with grated cheese.
4. Broil under low heat for 4 -5 minutes or until cheese is hot.
5. Serve with a great crusty bread!
Submitted to Tasty Tuesday.