Thank you to hackett for the enchilada pic. My won’t be made until tonight!
Having trouble getting your family on board for a Meatless Monday? I know some of you have commented that some of the things I serve my family, just won’t fly for yours. But Cheese Enchiladas? Surely there is universal love for something so ooey gooey yummy?
I use canned sauce. It is cheap, it is easy, we think it tastes great. If you make homemade sauce, link up the recipe! I know we’d all love to try it!
2 cans enchilada sauce (I use one medium and one mild)
24 small corn tortillas
3 C shredded cheddar or monterey jack or a mix
1/2 C chopped onion
1. Preheat oven to 350. Empty one-half a can of enchilada sauce into a 13×9 inch pan.
2. Mix cheese and chopped onion.
3. Heat the other can of enchilada sauce over low in a large skillet. Using tongs, place tortillas one at a time in the warmed enchilada sauce, just until the tortilla softens.
4. Place warm tortilla in baking dish, stuff with cheese and onions, roll up with seam side down.
5. Repeat with remaining tortillas, rolling each enchilada tightly.
6. Pour remaining 1/2 can enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Now it’s your turn! What are your recipes that would fit a Meatless Monday? Link it up! All I ask is that you submit only the link to your recipe, so we can all find it, then add a link back here to your post, so more people will participate!