These lime baked tortilla chips taste like the chips you get from Qdoba. However….I’ll be honest here…they don’t crunch like those chips. In fact, they are a bit on the chewy side. That can be fixed if you want to fry them in a skillet in a small amount of oil. But, we don’t mind the chew in our house, so I just bake them – which saves me from cleaning up any oil splatters off the stove. (My family may not complain about the texture, but I do complain when I have to clean the stove!)
Using whole grain corn tortillas turn these into a whole food snack you won’t mind making for your family.
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- juice of 1 lime (or defrost 1 lime ice cube)
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay tortillas in a single layer on two cookie sheets.
- Brush tortillas with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut tortillas into eighths.
- Cook for 12 - 15 minutes.
FREE CHEAT SHEET
Sign-up for our weekly newsletter and download the Organic Price Comparison Cheat Sheet FREE! You’ll also get our natural, green lifestyle tips and tricks delivered to your inbox each Sunday, complete with deals too hot to miss. Don’t like it? No problem. You can unsubscribe in a click.