These lime baked tortilla chips taste like the chips you get from Qdoba. However….I’ll be honest here…they don’t crunch like those chips. In fact, they are a bit on the chewy side. That can be fixed if you want to fry them in a skillet in a small amount of oil. But, we don’t mind the chew in our house, so I just bake them – which saves me from cleaning up any oil splatters off the stove. (My family may not complain about the texture, but I do complain when I have to clean the stove!)
Using whole grain corn tortillas turn these into a whole food snack you won’t mind making for your family.
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- juice of 1 lime (or defrost 1 lime ice cube)
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay tortillas in a single layer on two cookie sheets.
- Brush tortillas with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut tortillas into eighths.
- Cook for 12 - 15 minutes.