How to make a cinnamon dolce latte at home with whole food ingredients that tastes better than a coffee shop version.
It is so simple to make a Cinnamon Dolce Latte at home, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered to pay for one!
I’ve shared quite a few homemade latte recipes, and the secret to making each one is to start by making a flavored syrup. My recipes always include enough syrup for several lattes. The exact number of lattes you can make depends on how sweet you like your latte.
Me? I drink my morning cup of joe with only a splash of milk. So I use a light hand when adding flavored syrup. You? You can add as much as you like! After all, you are making it for YOU!
This recipe calls for using cinnamon sticks. You do know you can reuse them, right?
Finally, as with so many of my recipes, this one calls for the minimally processed sugar called sucanat. My highly trained palate (HA!) likes to think of sucanat as the flavor you would get if white sugar and brown sugar had a baby. You can find it in most grocery stores and the flavor is so good, you’ll never go back to the icky refined white sugar again!
To make lattes at home, I do recommend investing in an aerolatte. They only cost about $15, are easy to use, and give your homemade lattes that foamy milk on top that makes it taste just like a coffee shop drink.
How to Make Cinnamon Dolce Lattes
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3 3- inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup sucanat may substitute brown sugar
- 8 ounces brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk any kind of milk will work: cow, almond, coconut, soy...
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, heat water and cinnamon sticks just to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in sucanat just until dissolved.
- Cover pan and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks. At this point, you can store in a jar in the refrigerator for when you are ready to use in a cinnamon dolce latte.
To Assemble Cinnamon Dolce Latte:
- Heat milk just until warm - being careful not to boil. If you have a milk frother, froth your milk.
- Divide hot brewed coffee between two mugs. Add 1/2 cup hot milk to each mug. Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mixture.
What do you think? A Cinnamon Dolce Latte just as good as the Starbucks kind?