First, you’ll have to note that the title of this post is How to Lend a Kindle Book to Your Friend. Friend is singular. That’s because you can only lend a Kindle book one time to one friend. Ever.
This makes me want to say, “So pick that friend wisely.” I don’t know why. You can lend your Kindle books out willy-nilly if you’d like.
It’s just that “One Time” policy from Amazon makes it feel like a big deal, doesn’t it?
So. Lending your specially selected friend a Kindle book. It’s actually quite easy! Here’s how you do it:
1. Head over to your “Manage My Kindle” page. You’ll find it under your Account.
2. Select the book you’d like to loan.
3. Find the “More Actions” drop down menu. IF a book is available to loan, you’ll see “Loan This Title.” Of course, if the book can NOT be loaned, that option will not appear.
When scrolling through the Kindle titles in my account, I found only about 1/2 of them are eligible for that one time loan.
4. You will be sent to the “Loan This Book” page. From here, you simply need to add your friend’s email address and the book will be sent to them for downloading.
5. Your friend DOES NOT need to own a Kindle. They can simply download the free reading app and read the book on their desktop, tablet or smartphone.
6. Now that you’ve lent a Kindle book to your friend, they have 14 days to read the book!
I love reading on my Kindle. That’s because 9 times out of 10 I will fall asleep while reading. I big puffy heart the fact the Kindle saves my place and no bookmark is needed.
Now that I know I can lend a Kindle book ? Even if it is only one time? I’m even happier with my purchase. Nothing beats sharing a book with a friend who will enjoy it.
Isn’t sharing a great book one of the best parts about a book?
Now that you know how to lend a book, check out 6 of the Best Sources for Free Kindle Downloads so you are never without a good read!