This recipe for Honey Orange Breakfast Roll-ups takes me about 25 minutes from start to finish. Since about half of that is baking time, this qualifies as a quick and easy breakfast recipe in my book!
I won’t lie. This recipe can be messy. The melted butter and honey that covers the dough likes to ooze out the sides. I use my dough scraper to get all that goodness up off the counter and drizzle it over the rolls so none of it goes to waste!
Sprinkling your work surface with flour helps prevent any sticking when you roll out your dough. This is my favorite tool for sprinkling flour. Another great tool to have when rolling out dough is a sheet of silpat.
Silpat is really meant to line your baking sheets so baked goods don’t stick. I find they are also really useful for rolling out dough when I don’t want a flour mess on my counter. My one warning? Don’t ever cut anything on your silpat. Sometimes it is tempting, but it does cut easily (says someone who has ruined a sheet!) If you don’t have a silpat non-stick baking mat, it would be a great item to put on your Christmas wishlist!
Whole Grain Honey Orange Breakfast Roll-Ups
- 1/4 recipe Whole Grain No-Knead Flat Bread Dough
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Flour surface liberally. Roll dough out into a 14 x 8 rectangle.
- Mix together honey, butter and orange peel.
- Spread honey mixture over rolled out dough to cover completely.
- Carefully roll up dough lengthwise so you have a long roll. Use your dough scraper to help if it is sticking.
- Cut dough into 2" pieces. You should have approximately 9.
- Place rolls into a greased pie plan.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.