Homemade corn chips from scratch are crisp, salty, and so much healthier than the store bought kind.
Even better, these chips are made from just 4 ingredients and they take under 30 minutes to bake.
The key to this recipe is to spread the corn chip batter out on a buttered cookie sheet and get it as thin as you can.
The thinner you spread it, the crispier the chips will be.
Homemade corn chips make the perfect addition to a lunch box or side to a bowl of chili, but they are best eaten while warm right after baking.
Warning: once you start eating these, you won’t be able to stop.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bring the water and butter to boil in a small saucepan.
- Quickly stir in the cornmeal and salt and mix well.
- Spread the cornmeal batter out onto the pan as thin as you can get it. Try to maintain a rectangular shape. Don't worry if it gets lacey on the edges.
- Once spread, use a butter knife to cut chips into 1 inch squares.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
FREE CHEAT SHEET
Sign-up for our weekly newsletter and download the Organic Price Comparison Cheat Sheet FREE! You’ll also get our natural, green lifestyle tips and tricks delivered to your inbox each Sunday, complete with deals too hot to miss. Don’t like it? No problem. You can unsubscribe in a click.