Homemade corn chips from scratch are crisp, salty, and so much healthier than the store bought kind.
Even better, these chips are made from just 4 ingredients and they take under 30 minutes to bake.
The key to this recipe is to spread the corn chip batter out on a buttered cookie sheet and get it as thin as you can.
The thinner you spread it, the crispier the chips will be.
Homemade corn chips make the perfect addition to a lunch box or side to a bowl of chili, but they are best eaten while warm right after baking.
Warning: once you start eating these, you won’t be able to stop.
Homemade Corn Chips from Scratch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bring the water and butter to boil in a small saucepan.
- Quickly stir in the cornmeal and salt and mix well.
- Spread the cornmeal batter out onto the pan as thin as you can get it. Try to maintain a rectangular shape. Don't worry if it gets lacey on the edges.
- Once spread, use a butter knife to cut chips into 1 inch squares.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.