Green Tea Mock-jito is quite possibly the most perfect drink on the planet.
If you’ve seen my Organic Costco Meal Plan shopping list, you’ll note I’ve purchased the Costco size box of green tea & a honking big bag of limes! I grow my own mint on a windowsill, so these are a snap to make up. And I make them by the pitcher ~ because one is never enough!
Green Tea Mock-jito Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 3 lime juice ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or agave nectar or raw honey
- sprigs of fresh mint
- Heat water to almost boiling.
- Add the green tea bags and stir in the sweetener of your choice. Allow to steep 1 minute, then remove tea bags.
- Add lime juice ice cubes and put pitcher in fridge to chill.
- To serve, muddle a large sprig of mint in a glass. Fill with ice and pour tea over.
This recipe is really flexible. I have a thing for lime juice, so I throw in an extra ice cube (which makes it too sour for anyone else in my family!) You can also play with the amount of sweetener you add. A little more sweetner, and my girls drink this like a limeade. And if you want to make this into a cocktail, instead of a mocktail, just add 2 teaspoons rum to each glass before adding the tea!