A mug cake made from almond flour and chocolate hazelnut spread.
Have you ever had a craving for something chocolatey and warm?
I don’t keep a lot of sweets in the house, so when those cravings hit, there isn’t much to grab.
That’s why I love this mug cake.
With just a few ingredients, I can stir everything together in a mug, and after two minutes in the microwave, I have CAKE!
Not just cake – but perfectly proportioned cake! A cake for one!
Here’s the best part of this cake: Nutiva came out with an organic chocolate hazelnut spread.
Not only is it organic, but it has 40% less sugar than Nutella.
Did you know Nutella has over 20 grams of sugar? The Nutiva only has 12 grams of sugar. And you don’t miss it. It’s rich and chocolately without all that added yuck.
Instead of flour, I tried using almond meal in this cake. It turned out perfectly! If you are looking for a grain free dessert, try this mug cake.
Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large microwave safe mug, whisk together the almond flour and baking powder.
- Add egg, chocolate hazelnut spread, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
Mmmmmmm. Mug Cake.