My favorite cranberry orange granola recipe.
I’m sure you have your own favorite granola recipe. However, I wanted to share mine.
Because 9 out of 10 people who were never asked said this was the best granola recipe for the holidays.
I love the cranberry orange flavor combination as well as the fact that this quick and healthy recipe uses whole food ingredients like coconut oil and maple syrup.
You may want to double this recipe – some for you and some for gift giving!
Cranberry Orange Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 C unsweetened large flake coconut optional
- 1/2 t salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup coconut oil may substitute butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Combine the oats, nuts, coconut (if using), salt, cranberries, and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil (or butter) and maple syrup over low flame, just until butter melts.
- Pour over the dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into a jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
This is how I like to package mine:
Buy a milk bottle shaped bottles from here or you may be able to find them at a local craft store.
Paint a four pack box white.
To one bottle add coffee beans. To a second bottle add milk. To a third bottle add yogurt. To the last bottle add some cranberry orange granola.
You’ve got a darling package with breakfast for two!
This makes an amazing hostess gift, or it would be the perfect gift to bring if you are staying as someone’s house guest.