This cleansing green juice recipe can be made right in your blender: No fancy equipment required!
Making green juice at home is an excellent way to boost your energy levels by providing your body with nutrient-dense antioxidant-packed foods.
Lemon and ginger are key to cleansing the body. Ginger works on your digestive system while lemon alkalizes the body and boosts your immune system.
The result is a drink that makes you feel great and provides an instant energy boost!
You won’t need a fancy juicer to make this juice. Your blender will be able to handle the job.
The trick is to keep adding liquid (in this case your liquid is coconut water) a little at a time as you blend. Too little liquid, and your blender will get jammed up.
Once your ingredients are broken down, you’ll press them through a sieve.
This step makes the juice less pulpy. If you don’t mind the pulp, skip this step! The added fiber will help keep you full longer.
Instant Energy: Cleansing Green Juice Recipe
- 2 cups packed red kale leaves tough stems removed
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 large sweet apple I used Gala
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 small lemon
- 1/2 - 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup cold water
- Quarter the lemon, remove seeds, peel and set aside.
- Chop apple, remove seeds and set aside.
- Add the cold water to a powerful blender, followed by the kale, spinach, apple, lemon and ginger.
- Pulse to break down the ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth, adding coconut water as needed to liquefy the ingredients. (I used about 3/4 cup).
- Pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer a little at a time. Use the back of a spoon to press the juice out of the pulp. Discard pulp and repeat until all the juice is strained.
- Rinse the strainer and pour all of the juice back through it one last time.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
That’s all there is to it! Give your body a week of green juice and you’ll find you feel better than ever!