Chocolate drizzled popcorn is just the snack your movie night is missing.
There is no such thing as the perfect snack.
But this Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn comes pretty dang close.
It is a little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and 100% satisfying.
The problem with so many sweet snack recipes is they satisfy the sweet tooth but they don’t satisfy the hunger.
One cookie tastes sweet and delicious – but are you ever really full after one cookie?
Personally, I need several cookies before I start to feel full.
Chocolate drizzled popcorn not only checks the salty-sweet snack box, but a small bowl is all you need to fill you up thanks to the 3.6 grams of fiber per cup of popcorn!
Does that make it a healthy snack?
I’d classify it as “healthier.” 😉
In this recipe, I give you instructions on how to pop popcorn on the stove.
Quite frankly, we have a silicone microwave air popper, and that is what I use to make my popcorn.
But if we are at my in-law’s house, they have this popcorn popper, and it makes the best popcorn on the freaking planet – hands down!
Whatever you do, don’t choose microwave popcorn. In case you did not know, microwave popcorn bags contain known toxins and carcinogens.
Plus, making homemade popcorn is so easy, there is no need to buy the microwave stuff.
The chocolate drizzle for this recipe is very similar to the chocolate used to make Homemade Chocolate Shell Sauce.
You could skip the coconut oil in the drizzle. It just makes it a bit easier to ripple and swirl over the popcorn.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Add in the popcorn kernels and swirl to coat in oil
- Gently shake pot while cooking.
- Once the first kernel pops, place lid on stockpot. Continue to shake the pot and listen for kernels to pop.
- When you hear the popcorn pops slow down, remove the pot from the heat. Leave the lid on and wait until you no longer hear kernels popping.
- Carefully remove the lid to avoid a steam burn.
- Pour kernels out onto a wax paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Salt.
- Sort through kernels to remove any that are unpopped.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring in between each 30-seconds.
- Once all the chips are melted, use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Refrigerate drizzled popcorn for 10 to 30 minutes to set the chocolate before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
There is one thing you need to know about this popcorn combo.
I would not advise eating it on a white couch or in a white shirt.
I don’t know how, but I always manage to get a drop of chocolate on anything white.