This Chili recipe is another recipe that comes together quickly.
Such a blessing on a busy night.
Of course, the reason it comes together so quickly is I did a batch cooking day on Sunday, so my pinto beans are already cooked and ready to go.
If you are following along with the Costco Meal Plan, you’ll see I bought organic ground beef. When you buy the ground beef, you get 4 pounds – divided into (3) 1 1/3 pound portions.
I’m cutting each of these 1 1/3 pound portions in half. Two-thirds a pound of beef is plenty in the recipes I’m making for the Costco Meal Plan.
If I was making something like hamburgers for the grill – this method wouldn’t cut it. But when the beef is paired with a hearty food like pinto beans, it goes a whole lot further.
This recipe has only three main ingredients but has plenty of taste.
- 2/3 pound organic ground beef
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Add beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes
- Optional: Top with shredded cheddar cheese
We love to top our Chili, do you? I use what I have on hand. I’ll use shredded cheese or sour cream or diced onions if we have them.
What is your favorite Chili topping?