This Chicken Fried Rice recipe can be made in about 20 minutes.
Let me teach you the secret. On a Sunday when you are at home doing that thing that you do, take the time to make up a large batch of brown rice.
It takes just as long to make a 2 person serving of brown rice as it does to make an 8 person serving. So go for the big batch.
Once your rice is cooked, put it in the fridge. Then, add this Chicken Fried Rice to your menu plan for the week. You might also want to put Chicken, Peas and Brown Rice on that same menu plan.
On a busy night when you are just home from work, or the kids need to be hauled from point A to point B then back again, you can easily make these recipes with the brown rice you’ve already cooked.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 large peeled and finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup tamari (or reduced sodium soy sauce)
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Once cooked, place in bowl in the refrigerator while cooking the rest of the ingredients.
- Thaw peas by running under warm water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add the eggs and scramble. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add the carrots and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooled rice and chicken and cook until warmed through. Stir in the eggs. Add tamari, taste, then add salt and pepper as needed.
Do you make up large batches of brown rice for the week ahead?