Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MELT® Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Cherry Berry Whole Wheat Muffin Recipe is one of my family’s favorite recipes.
Packed with sweet and juicy fruit and made with whole wheat flour, these muffins are a healthy treat I love to bake for an after school treat.
The secret to a muffin that is actually good for you is to start with fresh and wholesome ingredients.
While this recipe is a whole wheat muffin recipe, you don’t want to use all whole wheat flour in your recipe.
A blend of 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 unbleached organic all purpose flour will add the health benefits of whole wheat flour but it won’t weigh your muffin down.
If you are making this recipe in winter, it is perfectly alright to use frozen fruit. In fact, it will probably be cheaper.
There’s no need to defrost the berries first, just stir them in!
I like to keep my freezer stocked with frozen fruit at all times.
You never know when the mood for a muffin will strike. Be prepared for muffin attacks is my motto!
Since this is a recipe I make frequently for my family, I knew it was the perfect recipe to try with MELT® Organic Rich & Creamy Spread.
MELT® Organic is a line of luscious, organic spreads made from healthy oils for butter lovers seeking a much healthier alternative, available in Rich & Creamy (original), Honey, and NEW Chocolate.
What appeals to me about MELT Organic is it is made from the Perfect Blend of “good fats” like Virgin Coconut and Flax Seed oils.
It also is a product I can feel good about using. It is Non-GMO certified, organic, and sources fair trade ingredients.
As you can see, MELT Organic melts just like butter, but with half the saturated fat and fewer calories.
But could MELT Organic pass my family’s taste test in one of their very favorite recipes?
The Best Cherry Berry Whole Wheat Muffin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Melt Organic Rich & Creamy melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup diced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Pour milk, eggs, and Melt into well and stir until well blended. Fold in blueberries, strawberries, and cherries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each, three quarters full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Our Cherry Berry Muffins turned out beautifully and not one family member asked if there was something different about this batch of muffins.
In fact, all they asked is if they could please have another one.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MELT Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.