How do you feel about tart?
This Cherry Berry Rhubarb Salsa is just the right mix of tart and sweet. It takes full advantage of all the lovely sweetness that is plentiful this time of year.
If you are new to canning, this recipe is simple. All it really requires is some chopping and a very short boiling time before you start to can.
This recipe makes 6 half-pint jars. Save a few to give as gifts at Christmas time!
Cherry Berry Rhubarb Salsa
- 6 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, cherries, vinegar and ginger. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add strawberries.
- Ladle into 6 sterilized half-pint sized jars. Leave 1/2 inch headspace
- Process filled jars in a water canning bath for 15 minutes. Adjust processing time for high altitude.
- Remove from boiling water and allow to cool on a wire rack.