Are you looking for a healthy snack for Easter party fun?
These bunny cups are a nice alternative to all the sweets and treats that pop up this time of year.
Layered in a glass cup, this snack is supposed to resemble the “dirt” dessert that is so popular. Instead of layering chocolate pudding and chocolate cookies, this “dirt” is made from healthy hummus with a layer of ground nuts.
I like to make my hummus from scratch, and have linked to my favorite recipe. If you are strapped for time, just pick up a tub from the grocery store.
Bunny Cup Ingredients:
1 recipe zucchini hummus or a 7 ounce container purchased hummus
1 package organic baby carrots
1 cup finely ground almonds
- Using a spoon, fill a clear cup with hummus.
- Use a spoon to shake a layer of ground almonds over the top of the hummus.
- Take the pointed end of a knife and hollow out a small hole in the top of a baby carrot.
- Careful fill the hole with a small bit of hummus. Then, stuff the carrot hole with a celery leaf. (This step is optional)
- Serve with additional carrots or your favorite whole grain chips for a delicious and nutritious treat!
The size of your glasses will determine how many bunny cups this recipe makes.
Make sure to serve with additional baby carrots since the dipping is so much fun!