Lazy Sunday mornings are perfect for diving into a baked Denver omelet casserole.
With this recipe, all the classic fillings from a Denver omelet are conveniently combined in a one pan dish.
In a matter of minutes you can have this dish assembled and in the oven.
No babysitting an omelet pan. No need to play short order cook and make individual omelets for everyone in the family.
The convenient casserole allows you to serve several people with minimal prep.
So kick back with a piping hot cup of coffee and the Sunday crossword puzzle while the casserole puffs up in the oven.
Sunday morning was never easier.
But don’t just take my word for it, I’ve made a 30 second video that shows just how quickly this can be made.
Can’t see the video? Click here.
Baked Denver Omelet Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9x9 pan.
- Layer ham, peppers and onion, then cheese in bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Add dash of hot sauce if using.
- Carefully pour over ham and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
This recipe is so easy, you’ll want to keep it handy for when you have overnight guests.
I like to top my serving with guacamole or just slices of avocado.
To make it even easier, you can assemble this casserole the night before.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:
If you would like, you can assemble this baked Denver omelet casserole recipe the night before. Prepare the recipe, but do not bake. Keep in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning. Simply add about 5 minutes to the cooking time.