There is no such thing as an attractive picture of Baked Chicken Fingers. Seriously. I tried. I took photo after photo. None of them looked good. And these Baked Chicken Fingers ARE good. So, I’m leaving a photo off. Until the Baked Chicken Finger decides to photograph better. 🙂
Baked Chicken Fingers are a healthier version of Chicken Nuggets. Since you will be making them yourself, you will know exactly what ingredients are in them. With all the stories of pink slime and what’s really in our meat, sometimes it just makes sense to make your own. I do like boneless, skinless chicken thighs for these. First, it is less expensive. Second, they are moister. However, you are welcome to make these with chicken breasts if you prefer.
I’m also using homemade bread crumbs. Again, this is such an easy thing to make on your own and you can control exactly what ingredients are in them.
Baked Chicken Fingers
- 4 - 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut chicken thighs into long strips.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat egg. In a second shallow bowl or pie plate, pour in breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then coat in the bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cook at 400 for 4-5 minutes. Flip chicken. Return to oven and cook and additional 4-5 minutes.