Air Fryer Pretzel Coated Chicken Tenders are full of flavor and appeal to both kids and adults!
Do you have an air fryer?
I didn’t think I wanted one, but I received one as a gift.
It is now on the top 3 list of my favorite appliances. In fact, it has a permanent spot on my counter. I never put it away.
I love the air fryer for how quickly it cooks!
For example, these delectable pretzel crusted chicken tenders are ready in about 30 minutes. And that’s 100% homemade from scratch!
In this air fryer recipe, chicken tenders are first dunked in a flavorful honey mustard mixture before being encrusted with seasoned crushed pretzels.
The result is a mouth-watering chicken tender the whole family will love.
Most of the flavor for these chicken tenders is in the yogurt, mustard, and honey coating.
The next layer of flavor comes from the crunchy, salty pretzels mixed with onion and garlic powder.
I recommend using a pair of tongs to do the dipping. Otherwise, your hands and fingers will get covered in sauce and pretzel bits.
If you do a lot of air frying, I’d suggest investing in a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer.
It is under $10 and can add just enough oil to a recipe to get the best air frying results. The Misto is perfect for health-conscious cooks who want to control the amount of oil in a recipe.
You simply spritz the slightest amount of oil on your food right before you air fry. This helps get a crispier texture.
While I recommend you get a Misto to next level your air fryer results, I did try the pretzel coated chicken tenders without it, and it still turned out great.
The yogurt and mustard add plenty of juiciness and flavor to the tenders, while the pretzels offer the right amount of crunchy crust.
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: olive oil
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, and honey. Add the chicken tenders and toss to coat.
- In a second pie plate or shallow bowl, stir together the crushed pretzels, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- One at a time, remove the chicken tenders from the yogurt mixture and roll in the crushed pretzel mixture until thoroughly coated. Place on air fryer rack. Repeat with all the chicken tenders.
- Optional: Lightly spritz chicken tenders with olive oil.
- Air fry tenders at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until internal temperature is 165F.
- Serve as is or with ranch dressing for dipping.
If you do not have an air fryer, these chicken tenders can be baked. Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 947mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 55g
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try my drumsticks!