Use this easy air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe to make succulent, juicy drumsticks with less fat!
In about 20 minutes, you can have perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked, perfectly delicious chicken legs!
If you are new to air frying, this is the perfect recipe to get you started.
Chicken drumsticks cook beautifully in the air fryer.
The high temp and quick cooking time perfectly crisp the skin while locking in juices.
The resulting chicken is a perfectly healthy substitute for a traditionally fried chicken leg.
All the flavor and crispy texture without the added oil and fat? I’m hooked.
By the way, have you made the switch from chicken breasts to chicken legs?
If you are stuck eating dry, flavorless chicken breasts, please give the chicken leg a try. They have so much more flavor!
Not to mention, chicken legs are far less expensive.
So you’ll get a better tasting dinner at less cost. Tell me that’s not winning!
Once you get the taste for drumsticks, you’ll want to make my Sheet Pan Herb Chicken recipe. It is another quick and easy way to get a tasty, inexpensive dinner on the table.
In case you were curious, this is the air fryer I use. I figured with over 1,000 positive reviews, I couldn’t go wrong.
So far, I’m very happy with my purchase.
Let’s get frying! Here’s my recipe for Air Fyer Chicken Drumsticks:
- 6 to 8 drumsticks (use as many drumsticks as can fit with a bit of space between)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Combine all seasonings in bottom of a large bowl.
- Coat drumsticks in olive oil.
- Add drumsticks to bowl with seasonings and toss to evenly coat.
- Add seasoned drumsticks to basket of air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn drumsticks and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken legs and wattage of the air fryer. To ensure doneness, check drumsticks for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
If you end up with leftovers, which I highly doubt you will, they are really good packed in lunch the next day. Even my kids would get excited about leftover drumsticks in their lunch.
Give this air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe a try. You’ll wonder why you ever ate full-fat fast food fried chicken.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try Pretzel Coated Chicken Tenders!