Have you ever attempted a cleanse?
A cleanse is defined as making something thoroughly clean.
There are juice cleanses, liver cleanses, elimination cleanses…or maybe you just want to follow the best cleanse for after binging.
No matter what cleanse you are attempting, it’s difficult to complete a cleanse without some discomfort.
First, most of us will experience some caffeine or sugar withdrawal.
Second, a lot of cleanses rely on a diet of liquids. For those of us who like to chew, this can make a cleanse difficult to complete.
7 Secrets to a Successful Cleanse
1. Write Your Goals – It’s impossible to know where you are going without a map. Think of your goals as your map for cleanse. What do you want to get out of your cleanse?
2. Enlist a Co-Cleanser – Having an accountability partner can greatly contribute to the success of your cleanse.
3. Select the Best Organic Raw Ingredients – Since the goal is to detox your body, make sure your ingredients are organic. Certified organic products ensure you aren’t getting a concentration of pesticides.
4. Prep in Advance – If you have an on-the-go lifestyle, make sure you’ve done as much prep in advance as you can. This will help you stick to your cleanse.
5. Inform Your Friends and Family – Make sure the people around you know you are embarking on a cleanse and let them know how they can support you.
6. Support Your Cleanse With Water – Keep your body well hydrated to eliminate cravings and to help flush your system.
7. Have a Plan for the Hard Days – What are some coping mechanisms you can use when your cleanse gets hard? And it will get hard. Be sure to check out 15 Things You Can Do Instead of Eating.
Have you completed a cleanse? Were you successful?