It might seem trendy, but the practice of drinking lemon water has been around a long, long time.
Because adding a glass of lemon water to your morning routine has some amazing health benefits.
1. Good Source of Vitamin C Drinking lemon water provides your body with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. Juicing just one half a lemon into your water in the morning gives you 1/6 of your daily vitamin C need.
2. Boosts Immunity Vitamin C is known for it’s ability to support the immune system. Since your body can’t store vitamin C, you need to provide your body with a healthy source of vitamin C every day. By drinking lemon water daily, you give your body a consistent source of immunity boosting vitamin C.
3. Aids in Digestion The acid from lemons helps to break down your food during digestion so you get the maximum nutrients from what you eat. In addition, lemon juice actually prevents tiny particles of undigested food from entering your bloodstream. If these particles were to get into the bloodstream, your liver would have to work overtime to remove them.
4. Flushes out Toxins Some studies suggest the acid from lemons signals your liver into producing more bile. Bile works to move things through your digestive system, flushing out toxins.
5. Promotes Younger Skin The antioxidants you get from lemon water helps fight free radicals. This results in better skin. Plus, vitamin C helps produce collagen which can lead to fewer wrinkles.
6. Helps Shed Pounds Lemon water reduces water retention. So in the short term, you will see the results from less water weight. If you are looking for a natural way to fight monthly bloat, look no further than a glass of lemon water. Real weight loss can occur when you drink enough lemon water to keep hydrated. When you are dehydrated, your body often signals you to eat, which can result in unnecessary calories.
7. Boosts Energy The acid in lemon water helps your digestive system get more nutrients out of the foods your consume. This helps keep your insulin at a steady level, meaning you won’t crash and burn, but instead you’ll have a steady energy supply.
Are you ready to see the results of drinking lemon water for yourself? Join me in the 21 Day Lemon Water Challenge.