Happy, healthy people practice habits that replenish their lives – not drain them.
The result is an enriched life with more fulfillment and less stress.
Does that sound like the life you want? Start acting on these habits of healthy people today.
30 Habits of Healthy People
IN THE KITCHEN:
- Drink water. Dehydration can actually lead to feelings of depression.
- Use herbal tea to influence your mood. Chamomile tea is calming, peppermint tea is invigorating, while ginger tea is warming.
- Consume more berries. Berries are loaded with antioxidants and help fight inflammation. Research shows inflammation is linked to depression.
- Eat nuts. Nuts have been shown to have beneficial effects on heart disease, high blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, belly fat levels, and even some forms of cancer.
- Take a Vitamin D supplement. Boost the level of vitamin D in your system to naturally boost your happiness levels.
IN THE MORNING:
- Practice gratitude. Take the time every morning to write 5 things for which you are grateful. Studies show writing it down has a direct impact on your happiness.
- Create morning rituals you look forward to. Think beyond the morning cup of coffee: stretching, journaling, meditating, setting your intentions, praying, Bible journaling, or listening to uplifting music are all healthy morning rituals happy people practice.
- Write your goals.
- Don’t dwell on the past. Work to let it go. Let every morning be a new beginning.
- Take a tech time-out. Don’t start the day with your phone, email, or Facebook. Work on creating those healthy morning rituals instead.
- Don’t ever stop learning.
- Stand up and take a quick walk once an hour. Sitting is the new smoking, so find ways to move.
- Keep your inbox organized to avoid overwhelm.
- Do not write or send emails when angry.
- Learn to say “no”.
- Do not compare yourself to others. Embrace your uniqueness.
- Spend time nourishing the relationships that are important to you.
- Don’t be afraid to cut out toxic people.
- Do something nice for other people. Practice random acts of kindness.
- Judge less.
IN TIMES OF STRESS:
- Spend more time in nature.
- Practice self care. Self care means making those doctor appointments you’ve been putting off, napping when exhausted, or doing something just because it makes you happy.
- Diffuse essential oils. Calming oils include lavender and chamomile.
- Dance and let go.
- Take a hot bath with epsom salts. Epsom salts relax muscles and soothe stiff joints.
Practicing healthy habits helps leads to a more abundant, happy life.
So which healthy habit will you adopt right away?
FREE CHEAT SHEET
Sign-up for our weekly newsletter and download the Organic Price Comparison Cheat Sheet FREE! You’ll also get our natural, green lifestyle tips and tricks delivered to your inbox each Sunday, complete with deals too hot to miss. Don’t like it? No problem. You can unsubscribe in a click.