10 of the best drugstore beauty must haves that are safe to use!
Navigating the drugstore beauty aisle can be tricky. Many of the products on those aisles contain known toxins with some pretty nasty side effects.
Phthalates, triclosan, parabens, and musks have all been linked to potential harmful health effects including cancer and hormone disruption.
Many cosmetic chemicals are designed to penetrate into the skin’s inner layers. Do you really want to be using a known toxin on your highly absorbent skin?
These 10 Drugstore Beauty Must Haves get a Green Rating from the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. They’ve done the research on these products and given each one of these products a “LOW” ranking of a “1” for overall hazard.
So pop on over to your local drugstore and pick up a drugstore beauty must have or two. You can feel good about using them, and they won’t cost you a pretty penny!
1. Maybelline FitMe Pressed Powder $7.49 FitMe Pressed Powder is available in 18 shades, so you should be able to find the perfect match for under $10!
2. Boots Botanics Corrective Concealer Stick $9.99 Choose from one of two lightweight colors and conceal away.
3. e.l.f. Studio Shimmering Glow Palate $3.00 Give skin a healthy and natural glow and use to illuminate the eyes, lips, and face. I love an all-in-one product for 3 bucks!
4. Revlon Lipstick $7.99 True story: I have a friend who whenever she felt bad, her mom told her to buck up and put on some lipstick. I do feel better with lipstick on, do you?
5. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Lash Boosting Mascara $9.99 This mascara is said to enhance the appearance of lash length, thickness and volume for dramatic lashes instantly. Gotta love that!
6. L’Oreal Paris Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner $8.99 This pencil has the look of a liquid eyeliner, but the control of a pencil.
7. Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye Shadow Constant $9.49 With 6 colors to choose from, you are sure to find a silky color that will complement your eyes.
8. Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Pads, Oil Free, For Normal to Oily Skin $4.99 What goes on must come off. Remove your makeup safely with these wipes.
9. Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Repairing Acne Lotion $14.99 If you don’t believe a natural product can clear up your acne, you need to click on the link and read the reviews!
10. RoC Instant Facial Smoother $14.99 Not everyone needs an anti-aging cream. However, if you are looking for a safe product to try to improve the look of your wrinkles, this is a safe, Environmental Working Group approved, place to start!
Have you tried any of these drugstore beauty must haves? Would you recommend them?