Did you know you can bake foccacia bread in the crockpot? Yes you can! This might be one of my favorite 1 Dough, 31 Whole Grain Recipes!
I can’t emphasize this enough: cook time will vary with the size and shape of your crockpot. I have a 7 quart oval Crockpot. My bread did not touch all sides. It only touched the bottom.
The first time you make this, you’ll want to note the cook time on your bread. Look through the lid. You will slowly see the bread brown along the sides, then the brown will slowly creep up to the top until the top of your bread is browned. That’s when it is done!
Now, if I were to eat this whole loaf myself, and believe me I could!, I would sprinkle a bit of red pepper flakes across the top when I sprinkled the salt. I LOVE heat in my food. But, since my kids usually help me eat a loaf, I leave it out and maybe just sprinkle some on my own piece.
- 1/4 recipe Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- sea salt
- Pat your no-knead bread dough into a round. Allow to rest 20 minutes.
- Line your crockpot with waxed paper. Turn it on high and allow it to preheat.
- Brush foccacia with olive oil. Place on wax paper in crockpot.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Cook for 2 hours. Remove carefully by lifting up waxed paper. Cook time will vary with the size and shape of your crockpot.
Dip your foccacia bread in some olive oil for a delicious appetizer, or serve as a side with your favorite Italian meal!
As long as your crockpot is out, why not check out these 25 Slow Cooker Recipes.
Are You Tired of Processed Crap?
Subscribe Today and Download My Free Healthy Grocery List. It's your cheatsheet to a less processed life. Then, each week, I'll help you take charge of your health by emailing you the best real food recipes and non-toxic DIYs.