From national stores like Big Lots to smaller chains like Bargain Mart, overstock and closeout stores offer big discounts. How to shop the closeout stores like a pro is the topic of today’s:
Do you shop the closeout stores? Then you know how good the deals can be! Closeout and overstock stores offer products that are being discontinued, products where the packaging is changing, or products that were test market products.
If you are looking to save on organic and natural products, consider cruising your local closeout store to see what bargains you can find. Check out all the great natural and organic products I found at Bargain Mart recently:
My savings were huge! I saved anywhere from 40% to 83%! The 83% was on the Say Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel. It retails for $14.99, but I found it at Bargain Mart for $2.50! The product does not expire for another year – I think the package has just changed!
Ready to start shopping the closeout stores and finding your own bargains? Here are some strategies for making sure you get the deals you want!
1. Find Out When New Merchandise Arrives – Ask a manager to see if they have regular days when they restock. Then plan on arriving early that day!
2. Look At It As A Treasure Hunt – Since merchandise changes quickly, you never know what you will find. Go in with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
3. Check the Expiration Date – You will find food and drink products that are past their expiration date. Make sure you are comfortable that the product is still good before you purchase it.
4. Know Your Prices – Not everything you find will be at discounted prices. For example, the San Pellegrino at Bargain Mart was marked at $1.20. Because I know my prices, I know that King Soopers/Krogers regularly include San Pellegrino in their Mega Sale Events and I can pick it up for less than a dollar.
5. Evaluate the Condition the Merchandise is In – Is it on closeout because it was damaged? Make sure to open the box and carefully examine any merchandise before you buy it. When I bought the Seventh Generation Dish Detergent, I could feel that humidity had gotten into the box and turned the detergent into a solid block. However, I knew I had a simple fix – break it apart with a meat tenderizer – so I found the condition acceptable. The reward for my effort? 40% off regular retail!
6. Ask About the Return Policy – If something does go wrong with your purchase, you want to make sure you can bring it back for a full refund.
So are you ready to shop the closeouts? Make sure to let me know what great treasures you find!